Join us Thurs., Aug 20 for a virtual Medicare for All 101 Town Hall (RSVP below). Four members of the NCM4A Coalition will concisely explain the benefits of Improved Medicare For All and answer any questions you may have, such as...
- Why should I care about Medicare for All? I have good health insurance; my family and I are covered.
- If we have free health care, won’t people abuse the system and overwhelm doctors?
- Won’t there by long waiting lines and rationing?
- Isn’t this a government takeover of health care (socialized medicine)? What about the free market?
- What about a public option, to give people a choice?
- Won’t this be very disruptive, suddenly throwing two million insurance employees out of work?
Join us in our efforts to educate and engage people to fight for healthcare for all of us. RSVP below and share this link with others: https://www.ncm4a.org/medicare_101
You will receive a zoom link before the event. The town hall will also be broadcast live on our NCM4A Facebook page: www.facebook.com/ncm4a.
***SAVE THE DATE! On Thurs, Aug 27, we will hold a virtual Medicare for All 101 Town Hall completely in Spanish. Stay tuned!***
Medicare For All 101 Panelists:
Dr. Eleanor Greene is a practicing Obstetrician/Gynecologist in leadership roles with Health Care for All NC, North Carolina Medical Society, Old North State Medical Society, and the North Carolina Medical Board
Rebecca Cerese is a passionate healthcare advocate who has traveled around NC giving presentations laying out the case for Improved Medicare For All as part of Healthcare For All, Y'all
Dominic Harris is Labor leader with UE 150 in Charlotte, a union that has been fighting and organizing for Medicare For All.
Jason Sonnenschein is a physician assistant who has been practicing medicine in under-served communities for the past 9 years. He is also an organizer with his local chapter of Democratic Socialists of America.
Contact us with questions through the Facebook page or at [email protected].
See you there!
August 20, 2020 at 7:00pm - 8:30pm
Zoom and Facebook Live